For those of you who have known me for a while, this is approximately my 1000th time starting (or restarting or revamping or whatever) a blog. But it's been a few years since the last time and I feel that I've grown and matured enough to try and do this thing again. Maybe I'm wrong, but we'll see how it goes.
So, consider this an introduction to what to expect from my blog.
Why the blog?
This is a good question to start with, as I feel you all need to know where I'm coming from with this project. Here are my reasons for starting this new blog in order of importance:
- My wife thinks it's hot when I blog
- My wife is tired of me boring her with my random topics of discussion and wishes I would just put them down on a blog (which, ironically, she will think is amazing and not boring - women!)
- It's been a long time since I've written anything that's not work related
And that's about it.
What to Expect From This Blog
When I look back at my blogs from the olden days, I feel there was a real lack of focus and discipline.There was a lot of "I'm in my early 20s so you should all care about what I think of everything because I'm always right" attitude, and no one really wants to read that, right? I don't.
With that in mind, I'm going to go ahead and just list a few things that this blog will mostly be about. If they sound interesting, stick with me and we'll go on this crazy ride together! If they don't sound like something you want to read, then leave and watch something funny on YouTube instead:
- Books. When I read a book, I'll blog about it. I'll tell you whether it was good or bad and what I learned (if anything) from it.
- Running & Cycling. These are two things that I like to do, so I'll blog about me doing them. This will include accounts of fun and adventurous runs/rides, race reports, and rants about how little respect I get from cars.
- Beer. I started to lose you on the first two, but now I've got you right back where I want you. My wife and I decided to not buy/drink as much beer this year, but we aren't going to give it up because we're not crazy. Instead, we're going to buy one large bottle of a new craft beer a week and try it. I'll blog my tastings on this site.
- Family. I have an awesome wife and a cool two-year-old. I will probably share some things about them on a somewhat regular basis because they're pretty important to me. But don't worry - this isn't going to get sappy or anything. Remember - there's beer!
- Stuff I Like. This is broad, but whatever - it's my blog. If there's a restaurant by my houses that I love, I'll hype it. If I love the new Kanye West album, I'll tell you about it. If I meet a pack of cute puppies, there will be pictures.
- Random Lists. Every now and then I will just list things for no reason at all. Want to know which five Russell Crowe movies I hate the most? My top ten albums to listen to while I work? My eight favorite baseball players growing up? Too bad - I may tell you anyway.
What Not to Expect From This Blog
Now that you know what to expect from the blog, here's what you probably won't be reading:
- Christian Issues. To clarify - I am a Christian, and this fact colors just about every aspect of my life. To think that this blog won't touch on my faith is unrealistic. However, it will not be a blog specifically about issues related to the culture of my faith. I will not be blogging about my thoughts on abortion, which pastors are or are not heretics, or predestination versus free will. There are six million other blogs about those things - go read them instead.
- Politics. I used to have a lot of strong opinions and talk about them a lot. I still have some fairly strong opinions, but I no longer see the value in shouting them from the rooftop and I no longer think that my opinions matter all that much. If you want my opinion about something, lets get a cup of coffee (on you) and you can ask me. Deal?
- Work. For the record, I work for a private investigation agency - and yes, it's just as cool as on TV only but with significantly more women and explosions. But I spend a lot of time at work and I don't need to spend any more time on it here. Besides, I'm not really allowed to talk much about it anyway.
You should totally read my blog! Or not...whatever.
In all seriousness, it would be fun if you read and commented and stuff. It'll keep me going,